AARP Tax-Aides provide free income tax assistance for all low and middle income taxpayers, with special attention to seniors, during tax season (usually February through April 15th). Tax-Aides offer free and confidential income tax counseling and tax return preparation services for individuals filing basic income tax forms.
What to Bring:
- A copy of your last year's Tax Return
- Social Security Cars or ITINs for self, spouse, & dependents
- Social Security numbers for child care providers and alimony recipients
- Any and all W-2 forms
- All Form 1099s, e.g. pensions, Social Security, interest, dividends, stock/bond sales, IRA distributions, unemployment, state tax refund, etc.
- All income and expense records if self-employed
- Tuition expenses (Form 1098-T), cost of textbooks and required materials (may be deductible)
- Checkbook or bank and routing numbers for direct deposit
- Tax-exempt interest or dividend statements
- Cost basis of stock, bond, and other investments that you sold during the year
- To itemize, a list of paid medical bills, property tax statements, mortgage interest Form 1098, charitable contribution receipts, etc.
For state of California tax products and information, check the California State Franchise Tax Board website.
Online: To view, download & print forms: www.ftb.ca.gov/forms
By Phone: To have forms and publications mailed directly to your home call 1-800-338-0505
Hearing impaired TTY/TDD: 1-800-822-6268
At the Library: To print forms, use a library catalog computer
Get information about filing your federal income taxes on the Internal Revenue Service website. Find forms, instructions, efiling links, and more.
Online: to view, download & print forms and publications: www.irs.gov/Forms-&-Pubs
By Phone: to have forms and publications mailed directly to your home and for all other tax help call: 1-800-829-3676
Hearing impaired TTY/TDD: 1-800-829-4059
At the Library: to print forms, use a Library Catalog Computer
Looking for out-of-state tax forms? This site has direct links to state tax agencies in the United States.