Did you overindulge during the holidays? Me, too, but it’s a brand new year and time to start thinking about getting back in shape. Here are some ideas to try.
- Develop a plan and stick with it.
- Set short and long term goals. A short term goal might be to exercise 2 to 3 times per week. Long term goals could be to lose ten pounds or to lower your cholesterol.
- Don’t overdo it! Start out slowly and build up your strength and endurance.
- Include your work-outs on your calendar so you won’t forget them.
- Get an exercise buddy to help keep you motivated.
- Make exercise fun. Vary your routine and try new activities to avoid boredom.
The library has lots of books and other materials to help you get started. Try typing the following topics into the search box of the Marinet catalog: Exercise, Physical Fitness, Aerobic Exercises. You can also try more specific subjects such as Running, Hiking, or Swimming. Or you can search under related topics like Weight Loss, Reducing Diets, Weight Training, and Nutrition.
Follow your plan for six months and see if you don’t start looking and feeling better.