The days are getting shorter, cooler, and rainier -- now is the time to look for fun things to do indoors. The library can help with that. We have recently begun to offer a great new museum pass program called Discover & Go that provides library cardholders in Marin County with free or discounted admission to local cultural resources. Some of the participating venues include:
- Asian Art Museum
- Aquarium of the Bay
- Bay Area Discovery Museum
- Cartoon Art Museum
- Charles M. Schulz Museum
- The Lawrence Hall of Science
- Complete list of participating partners
How does it work?
- In order to make a reservation, you must be 16 years of age or older, a resident of Marin County, and have a valid library card from a MARINet member library.
- Make reservations online, using your library card number and PIN, and print passes at home or in the library.
- Each Discover & Go pass expires immediately after the reservation date.
- You can have up to 2 reservations at a time.
- You can cancel a reservation only if you have not already printed the admission pass.
- The pass is for use only by the person named and only on the date specified. No photocopies are allowed. Valid ID is required.
- Availability of passes varies by venue. Each participating institution determines how many passes may be distributed on any given day. Once the limit has been reached, the reservation calendar will be blocked out for that day.
- The number of persons admitted per pass and any other restrictions varies by venue. See the venue's information page for details once you have logged in to Discover & Go.
For more details, check out our Museum Passes section, or MARINet's frequently asked questions page, or contact your local library.