About Fairfax Library
- Browse our collection of books, DVDs, audiobooks, large print books, music CDs, magazines and newspapers.
- Comfortable chairs for reading and individual study carrels are available.
- Enjoy book clubs, weekly storytimes and a variety of programs for all ages.
- Free wi-fi access and internet tutoring on how to use our public computers provided.
- Spanish language materials for all ages. Spanish-speaking staff may be available.
Computers & Wi-Fi
- Computer reservations are recommended. Reservations can be made at the branch or online.
- 8 public computers for adults & teens
- 1 public computer for children
- 1 ADA workstation
- Free wi-fi access is available throughout the branch.
Print, Copy, Scan, Fax
- B&W & color printers
- Copy machine (B&W only)
- Scanner – print, fax, email or save documents to USB
- To print to this location from your computer or mobile device, visit our MobilePrint page.
Computer Tutoring by Appointment
- One hour tutoring on how to reserve, log on, use browsers and print from our public computers
To make an appointment, please visit our Information Desk or call 415-457-5629.
Donating Books & Materials
- We will accept 1 bag or small box of donations at the branch. We cannot accept larger donations due to limited storage space.
- The used bookstore run by the Friends of the Marin County Free Library – Book Place – accepts larger donations depending on available storage space. Please contact them in advance (415-209-0212).
- Donated books, DVDs, CDs and current magazines should be in good condition.
- We do not accept textbooks. The Book Place does not accept textbooks or magazines.
- Donated items are usually sold at the branch or at the Book Place. All proceeds are used for library programs, needs and materials.
- Artwork displays in our meeting room rotate on a monthly basis. Please contact our Display Coordinator at 415-453-8151 for further details.
- Fairfax Library offers a Community Seed Exchange in partnership with Sustainable Fairfax.