About Civic Center Library
- Welcome to the Civic Center Library, located on the 4th floor of the Marin County Civic Center Administration Building designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Home to the Anne T. Kent California Room collection of local history resources.
- Permanent collection of books, DVDs and videos about Frank Lloyd Wright and his architectural projects.
- Spanish language materials for children, teens and adults. Russian language materials for adults.
- Test proctoring of open book exams is available at this branch. Get more details.
- Household batteries can be recycled at the Civic Center Library.
Computers & Wi-Fi
- Computer reservations are recommended. Reservations can be made online or at the branch.
- 14 public computers for adults & teens
- 2 public computers for children
- 1 ADA workstation
- Free wi-fi access is available throughout the branch.
- Wireless printing is available for laptop users. Download the software needed to print at Civic Center Library. Check with library staff for more information.
Print, Copy, Scan, Fax
- B&W & color printers
- 2 copy machines (B&W only)
- Scanner – print, fax, email or save documents to USB
Digital Reader/Printer & Flatbed Scanner
- 3 digital scanners for scanning microfilm or microfiche
- Scanned images may be saved to a flash drive as a pdf or as a graphic file (e.g. jpg)
- Images may also be printed or emailed.
- For instruction on the use of this equipment, please call the Information Desk at 415.473.6058 for an appointment.
Computer & eBook Help by Appointment
- One-to-one computer tutoring sessions available by appointment:
Internet, Email Basics, Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel Basics.
Please sign up in advance by calling 415-473-4049.
- eBook training by appointment
Learn how to download free eBooks from the library. Bring your own device for one-to-one assistance. To make an appointment for a free session, please call 415-473-4049.
Donating Books & Materials
- We accept small quantities of donations at the branch (due to limited storage space).
- Larger donations can be taken to the bookstore run by the Friends – Book Place.
- Books should be in good condition. We also accept DVDs, videos, CDs and magazines.
- We do not accept textbooks. (The Friends do not accept textbooks or magazines).
- Donated items are usually sold at the branch or at the Friends bookstore.
Open Book Exam Proctoring
- Test proctoring of open book exams is available at Civic Center branch only.
- You must set up an appointment in advance by calling the Reference Desk at 415-473-6058.
- The fee for proctoring an exam is $25.
- On the day of the test, you must bring:
- photo ID
- $25 in cash or check to Marin County Free Library
- any required test-taking materials
(For closed book exams, try contacting the Sylvan Learning Center in Novato at 415-491-4678 or the Marin County Law Library in San Rafael at 415-472-3733).