The Fairfax Library will reopen August 18 featuring a more inviting and convenient service model
What Changes are Coming?
· new single desk staffed to address all your needs
· technology upgrades
· improved accessibility
· new check-out station tables
· new computer tables
· easier access to high-demand materials
What Won’t Change
· Our new furniture will respect the architectural design of the Fairfax Library, and will preserve the open and welcoming atmosphere we value. Our friendly, expert staff will be here to assist as always.
· Improvements already made at the Fairfax Library include ADA accessibility upgrades, improvements to lobby and magazine area, new lounge furniture, new furniture and expanded area for children, and open hours Fridays 12-5.
How Is It Possible?
The project is funded from Measure A, a $49-per-parcel measure that was renewed by 78% of the voters in 2014. Funds from the five-year tax allow branches to make structural improvements, extend library hours, hire new staff and provide programming for children, teens and seniors. Extensive upgrades have been made at the Novato, Marin City, Civic Center, Point Reyes and Inverness branches with Measure A funds.
Library Service Available during the Closure: August 4-17
· The book drop will remain open.
· Materials placed on hold, and Children’s Summer Reading prizes can be picked up in the Fairfax Library meeting room from 2:00 to 7:00pm, August 6, 7, 8, 11, 12 and 13.
· Free wireless access will be available during the closure.
Services Suspended during Closure
· There will be no Storytimes or Mother Goose on the Loose programming during the closure.
· No book donations accepted, but donations may be dropped off at the Friends of the Library Book Place at 1608 Grant Avenue in Novato. Call 209-0121 for details.
· There will be no access to public computers.
Access to the library catalog, eBooks and other electronic resources are always available 24/7. All other MCFL branches will remain open. For more information, call 473-6057 or visit www.marinlibrary.org.