Marin County Free Library is proud to announce that we are now live with Baker & Taylor's Axis 360 eBook platform: http://mcfl.axis360.baker-taylor.com/.
Axis 360 offers interactive eBooks. Many titles are enhanced by color, video, and audio using the Blio reading app that is also 100% compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). All eBooks include text-to-speech (TTS) for the print-impaired.
- Downloadable; check out up to 8 titles at a time; place up to 10 titles on hold
- Best for iPads, NOOKs, PCs or smartphones; not compatible with older Kindles; can be used with Kindle Fires using a ‘sideload’ technique. Santa Clara County Library has a helpful, written tutorial.
- Blio eReader app available for free for mobile devices and PCs
- eBooks only
- Best for graphic content, particularly picture books, cookbooks, craft books and graphic novels; also includes popular fiction /nonfiction and books with color images
- Selections for adults, teens and children
- Available to Marin County Free Library residents with a valid library card
- Axis 360 eBook FAQ