Did you eat too many cookies and drink too much eggnog during the holidays? Me, too, but it's a new year now and time to get in shape. Here are some ideas:
- Commit to getting started. Develop a plan of action and stick with it.
- Set short and long term goals. A short term goal might be to exercise 3-4 times a week, while a long term one could be to lose weight, or lower your blood pressure or your cholesterol.
- Don't overdo it! Start out slowly and build up your strength and endurance.
- Include your work-out times on your calendar so you won't forget them.
- Make exercise fun. Vary your routine and try new activities periodically to avoid boredom.
- Find an exercise partner.
The library has lots of books to help you get started. In the MARINet catalog search under the following subject headings:
You can also look under more specific subjects such as:
Other subjects to help you get fit might be:
Try your plan for six months and see if you don't look and feel better.