Marin County Free Library is committed to making library services accessible and welcoming to all our users.
Visiting a Library Branch
For People with Limited Mobility
- Automatic door openers at entrances
- Designated accessible parking spaces in parking lots
- Wheelchair accessible reference desks
- Accessible restrooms
- Computer stations that accommodate wheelchairs
Resources from the Library
For People with Low or Limited Vision
- Large print books, both fiction and nonfiction
- Children’s Braille books
- eBooks that can be read aloud by a device
- eBooks and Downloadable Magazines that can be magnified or font increased in size for readability
- Audiobooks: CD, mp3 discs, and downloadable/streaming
- A handheld magnifier is available at the Reference Desk for use in the library
- Large Print/High Contrast Keyboards Available on request
For People with Low or Limited Hearing
- DVD films with subtitles
- Closed caption DVD
- All streaming videos on Kanopy have subtitles/closed captions (Read More)
Books & Materials about Disabilities
- Books, videos, and other materials on disabilities in our collection. You can find them by searching our online CATALOG. We have lists of books on a variety of topics – if you need help finding information on something specific, please ask a librarian at one of our locations or via email.
Other Helpful Services
- Library Beyond Walls is a free service of the Marin County Free Library offering library services to county residents who are unable to visit our various locations in person. Library Beyond Walls staff and trained volunteers deliver and pick up library materials from the homes of our patrons. For more information visit Library Beyond Walls
- Catalog Assistance: Library staff will check the online catalog, check the shelves, and place holds for individuals whenever the library is open
- Physical Assistance: Staff will retrieve materials anywhere in the building. Just ask!
Do You Need an Accommodation?
Requests for accommodations may be made by calling (415) 473-3220 (voice/TTY) or 711 for the California Relay Service or Emailing email@example.com at least four work days in advance of the event. Copies of documents are available in alternative formats, upon request.
Local Disability Resources
The Marin County Heath and Human Services Department has a fantastic Community Resources Guide