NOTE: As of August, 2007, only Fairfax Library and Stinson Beach Library provide meeting rooms that may be used by other organizations.
Meeting rooms in County Library facilities are available for public use under the following conditions:
- Meeting rooms may be used by community organizations.
- Meetings must be open to the public.
- Meeting rooms may not be used for profit-making purposes, and no admittance fees may be charged.
- Meetings must take place during hours when library staff is present.
- Meetings can be no longer than four hours.
- The organization using the meeting room is responsible for setting up chairs and cleaning up after the room is used.
- Meeting rooms may not be available during heavy use time.
- A completed agreement must be filed annually.
- Smoking and the use of alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- If food is served, no food or beverages are allowed outside the meeting room.
- There is no kitchen access.
- Privileges may be revoked whenever there has been a violation of these conditions.
- Reservations are made at the branch library where the meeting is to take place.
- Meeting rooms may be reserved no more than two calendar months in advance of the meeting .
- Meeting rooms may not be reserved by the same group for more than six meetings per year.
- In the case of a meeting reservation preempted by library activities or emergencies, the fee may be applied to a rescheduled meeting or refunded.
- There is a non-refundable $25 per use fee due at the time a room reservation is made. In the case of a cancelled meeting, this fee may be applied to a meeting rescheduled within 30 days of cancellation.
- A signed Meeting Room Policy and Agreement form must be on file with the branch librarian prior to the first use by any group; thereafter, a telephone reservation will be sufficient. This form must be filed annually.
- Exceptions to reservation policies may be allowed by the Library Branch Manager for library related or local government related groups.
January 25, 2001